We have been hard at work developing enhancements to Active Agenda. We have several years of technical and domain improvements sitting in a private repository. We plan to push the latest extensions and enhancements to a Mercurial repository at sourceforge.net as soon as we can secure a long term underwriter for the project.
- Reports Screen: The Reports screen now displays icons to represent each type of report (CSV, PDF, XML, and a variety of spreadsheets).
- Auto Complete Lists: Filtering lists were a real challenge for users because of the interrelated nature of the data. We have incorporated an entirely new method for filtering data and displaying parent field filtering hints beneath each filtered field. Selecting a child field without previously selecting one of the parent fields will automatically populate all parent fields.
- Add New dialog windows: We have changed the method used to add new records to lists. The old method would open the corresponding module's form screen in a new window. The new method opens a floating window adjacent to the list.
- SubTable element: We have added a SubTable element to allow XML authors to nest filtering fields within a single row of the UI. This has reduced a substantial amount of confusion over the purpose of filtering fields. The SubTable element used in conjunction with the Auto Complete Lists brings substantial improvement over the intuitiveness of the interface.
- Menu system: We have replaced the old G5 menu system with a new YUI3 system. We did this for licensing reasons, but the overall behavior of the menu has improved.
- Calendar and Date fields: We have replaced the old calendar and date fields with a YUI3 component. We did this for licensing reasons, but the overall behavior of the calendar and date fields has improved.
- Monochrome Icons: We have replaced the old hodgepodge icon set with a single, congruent, monochrome icon set. Added a new monochrome theme aam_theme.xml
- RelationshipFields: We added a new field called a relationship field. This field allows a user to select a record from virtually any other module without shutting down the system. The RelationshipField works with a variety of module list options to limit the modules available for selection (i.e. risk source, implementation planning, parent, grandparent, etc.). The user only sees the modules available withing the lists. This has been a monumental improvement in the UI and has allowed us to enable the adding of new records from child records and grandchild records.
- SliderField: We have added a simple slider field to allow users to select a value from a range of values by sliding a pointer along a scale.
- Excel Export (generated): A new generated report was created to enable the exporting of all module fields for a respective module. This allows users to extract data in a format they are familiar with to be manipulated as necessary. PHPExcel
- Flat File Export: A new report attribute allows us to create "flat" reports that include submodule data in a flat format. These reports can be created for spreadsheet, XML, and CSV formats.
- Heat Map: Added a heat map to the Risk Assessments module.
- Risk Assessment .pdf: Added a new Risk Assessment report to display Risk: perils, treatments, hazards, classes & imperatives in a single view.
- New Reports: A variety of new reports.
- Custom Colors: Charts can have custom defined colors. This is achieved using the theme-config.xml file.
- New Charts: A variety of new charts.
- EZ Components: Better chart appearance. eZ Components
- "Situations" renamed "Events": The Situation module phrases have been renamed to Events to better align with internationally recognized terms.
- Agreements made stand alone: The Agreements module was made to be a stand alone module and no longer a central submodule. A new Agreement Associations module was added to relate Agreements with other modules centrally.
- Top Events Module: A Top Events module was added to enable the creation of "Bow Tie Diagrams" and allow users to include very specific Event titles. The Top Events module is not master data module.
- Causes Module: A causation module has been added as a submodule of the Incident Reporting module to facilitate brainstorming on incident causes.
- Glossary Terms: The Glossary module terms have been refined to be more generic to risk management.
- Hazard Assessments: Modified the Hazard Abatement module to work as a direct submodule of Risk Assessments.
- Perils module: Added a module to track hazard perils and relate those perils with covered perils within the Insurance Policies module. Hazard perils are identified as consequences within the Hazard Abatement module for naming consistency purposes. The Business Consequences module was deprecated.
- Projects Module: Added a new Projects module to track facility projects.
- Not Ready For Prime Time: Moved a variety of modules into the "nrfpt" folder to be incorporated later (i.e. Trust Accounts, Guidance Considerations, etc.)
- California Injury Reporting Screens/Reports: Added two new screens (DWC1 and Employer First) for a one page interface to the Employee's Claim for Workers' Compensation Benefits and the Employer's First Report of Injury and Illness. These screens are located in the optional folder.
- California Hazardous Materials Management Plan Inventory screen: Added a single screen for completing the California HMMP Chemical Inventory Form. This screen is located in the optional folder.
- Sampling Plans: Added a module to be used in tracking physical samples.
- Cost Estimates and Invoices: A variety of changes were made the the Costs module. These changes allow users to track time and costs associated with tasks. This change was requested by user trying to manage service vendors. The user wanted to use AA to generate invoices and time sheets for service vendors and eliminate the time intensive (costly) process of tracking vendors hours and submitting vendor invoices.
- Risk Modules: Significant changes were made to the way Active Agenda captures Risks. Risk Assessments have been added as a central submodule of "source of risk" modules. Each Risk record can be associated with multiple Risk Activities? and multiple Risk Treatments?. A "source of risk" (e.g. vehicle, equipment, people, organizations, activities, etc.) can have many risks assessments and many Hazards.
- Fraud Indications: A new Fraud Indicators "types" module has been added. The module allows users to build a list of indicators that are suggestive of fraud. Once a list of indicators has been created, these indicators can be associated with reported losses.
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Added bloodborne pathogens functionality. Enabled bloodborne exposure assessments of job titles and the "flagging" of injury records as bloodnorne exposures.
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS): Added several fields to enable the tracking of Safety Data Sheets used by the Globally Harmonized System. These fields will be useful to companies during the transition period from Material Safety Data Sheets to GHS Safety Data Sheets. Also added several charts to display GHS Safety Data Sheet data.
- Evidence: Added an Evidence module; added Evidence Types master data file and updated CodeType 179. Added an Evidence <evi> central submodule an Evidence <evi_CentralSubmoduleAddOn> file and an Evidence Transfers <evitr> submodule of <evi>. This approach allows us to associate evidence and evidence transfers with modules which customarily rely on the tracking of evidence (i.e.; Incident Causes; Corrective Actions; Gap Analyses; Program Audits; etc.).
- Equipment Use Permits: A new Permit module titled "Equipment Use Permits" <eqpup>. Includes modules to track equipment use events and equipment use limitations.
- IT Loss Modules: Implemented improvements to the IT Loss modules. Enabled DREAD Risk Assessment model and the tracking of IT Event Factors.
- Action Prioritization: Added a module for creating Priority Levels. These priority Levels are assigned to Actions. We should create a future report for capturing Actions within a Priority Matrix.
- Key Performance and Risk Indicators: Added Key Indicators modules for Performance (KPI) and Risk Indicators (KRI).
- Checklists: Major changes to the way we manage Checklists ('ckl'). The 'apr' modules have been replaced with the 'ckl' modules. The Permit Checklists CSM 'pch' has been modified to utilize the newly created central list of Checklist Criteria 'cklc'.
- Participation Module: Consolidated the Accountabilities and Involvement modules into a single Participation module. This allows user to establish new participation roles and identify those roles as accountabilities (or involvement) to assist with tracking accountability reassignments.
- Departments and Job Titles: Repaired a substantial issue with the assignment of a department to People and People Employees. Also enabled the tracking of many job titles to one person record.
- Inspections and Audits: Spec'd the required functionality for Inspections and Audits.
- Job Analysis: Modified the Job Analyses modules to eliminate the redundant General Tasks and Specific Tasks modules. Achieved this by reducing tasks to a single Tasks module.
- Value Stream Maps: Added a Value Stream Maps module to track value stream mapping. Integrated the VSM module with Tasks, Customers, and Supplies modules.
- Data Import:
- Forums: A new Forum CSV was created to map modules to module topic forums.
- Support URLs: A new Support CSV was created to map modules to module specific support articles.
- Master Data: Updated and refined master data CSV files.
- Support Requests Module: Added a new Support Requests module to enable reporting of bugs and feature requests.
- Access Request Module: Added a new Access Requests module to enable anonymous users to request access to Active Agenda.
- <ModuleDescription> Element: Made the generator save ModuleDescription from the XML's <ModuleDescription> element to the DefaultModuleDesc field in the `mod` module. This is helpful for generating module description cards for training and implementation purposes.
- Website: Completely updated and reformatted the support website. Eliminated the 1:1 relationship between a module and a stand alone support article. Nested submodule support within parent articles and now use bookmarks (#) to direct support documentation links.
- AddOn Refinements: The AddOn capabilities have been refined to enable precise placement of custom changes within a module. This allows us to support customizations while maintaining primary XML module definition update integrity.
- Optional AddOns: The AddOn capability has been extended to enable "optional" AddOns that may be useful to people based on similar industries (e.g. education), topics (e.g. injury reporting), or jurisdictions (e.g. California). The Optional files are located in the active_agenda/optional subfolders. Optional folders must be stipulated within the config.php file located in the active_agenda folder.
- Down for Maintenance: A feature has been added to the generator which places a site under generation "Down for Maintenance." Efforts to use a site while it's being generated will experience the following statement on the login page: "This site is temporarily down for maintenance."
- RetiredField: A RetiredField allows you to remove and/or rename module fields without risking the loss of data.
- Repository: Added many new project tracking items. The tracking items include years of feedback and will be transferred to our sourceforge project site when a sponsor can be identified.